GB Environmental provides comprehensive environmental and research consulting services across western Canada. We are the mechanism that enables your company to clearly plan and assess environmental risks, mitigate environmental impacts, and securely work within your project’s timelines and budget. We can act as your trusted in-house advisor, or provide certified professionals to help deliver the environmental component of your development. No project is too big or too small. With local experience acquired through hundreds of projects conducted across western Canada, we offer a wide cross-section of services. These range from property to terrestrial and aquatic assessments, wildlife surveys, construction monitoring, reclamation, and aboriginal research.
Why GB Environmental?
With a range of consulting firms in the environmental industry, why choose us? We do not act as arms-length consultants but rather works proactively with our clients. We take ownership of our commitments, bringing a reputation for reliability, detailed service, and open communication to ensure regulatory compliance and exceed your expectations.
WHAT WE DO:
- Phase I, II, III Assessments
- Contaminated site remediation using excavation, in-situ technology, and bio-remediation
- Asbestos and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) testing
- Residential and commercial Biophysical Impact Assessments
- Migratory bird nest sweeps required prior to the clearing of vegetation during sensitive bird nesting periods from May to August (MBCA)
- Project and regulatory planning
- Historical research on property, title, and archival
- Environmental planning and regulatory consultation for AB, BC, NT and federal legislation
- Construction inspection and monitoring for linear and area developments, with experience acquired on hundreds of pipeline and infrastructure projects
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plans (ESCP) and Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP)
- Water crossings and aquatic monitoring: pipeline, highway & bridge construction, Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
- Wildlife surveys: fish, bird, bats, mammals, ungulates; winter wildlife tracking
- Soil and landforms inventories
- Vegetation and rare plant surveys
- Wetland inventories conducted by a Qualified Wetland Science Practitioner
- Contaminated site management and cleanup
- Terrestrial and aquatic remediation
- Stakeholder engagement and project consultation
- Social science and historical research using quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Indigenous Traditional Knowledge (TK) and Traditional Use Studies (TUS) research
Contact Us Anytime
Great Bear Environmental Consulting Ltd.
426 31 ve NW, Calgary, Alberta T2M 2P4